Our search for a better understanding of the metaphysical world and years of personal experience with paranormal phenomena, has led us on to the path of helping others. We investigate paranormal occurences using various scientific methods and approaches. If you are being tormented by sights, sounds and chills, we will gladly help - free of charge.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Seaview Road Disappearing Car

One late night, I was driving back from Seaview.
The road was quiet.   


Halfway through my trip I suddenly noticed a vehicle’s lights behind me.  I still thought it strange that I didn’t notice it approaching, but there it was - on my tail. It remained right up behind me for a while. 


Irritation boiled up inside, as I couldn’t understand why the idiot wouldn’t overtake.  Finally, I saw the headlights appearing in my side mirror and, heard the drone of the revving engine. The headlights were shining in the mirror for a little longer than normal. Idiot! I slowed down slightly so that it could get past (because clearly their vehicle just didn’t have the ‘oomph’ to speed up enough to overtake mine).  Then, nothing, THE CAR WAS GONE!   


I spun my head around, thinking it turned off somewhere – nope!  For those who are not familiar with the road – it is dark, really dark, no lights alongside the road.  There were no hidden driveways/roads along that particular stretch.   


Then, I got concerned that the vehicle somehow went off the side of the road and ended up in a ditch.  U-turn! Slowly, I drove back down the stretch of road, expecting the worst – grabbing my cellphone and unclipping the safety belt so I could jump out to help. Nothing! Another u-turn, slowly checking the other side of the road. Nothing!   


Eventually I stopped my car – ice-cold, confused and desperately looking for a logical explanation. Grasping at straws, I decided to carefully investigate the area again for hidden driveways/roads.  There were none!  It was then that I realised that what I had seen was not a real vehicle - it could not have been.  


As I returned home, I was saddened by the experience (and still slightly shaken up), knowing that it was probably a ghostly manifestation of an accident.  Did he/she have an accident on that same spot while overtaking another vehicle? With the lights having shone in my side mirror so long, does it mean that the vehicle they were overtaking sped up, not allowing them to pass?  Was the drivers spirit stuck driving that stretch of road or, was I just in the right spot, at the right time for a residual haunting to appear?  Has anyone else experienced this ghost vehicle on the Seaview road?

No comments:

Post a Comment